Hey there, Home Service Pros!
Let’s talk about something that’s going to shake the foundations of how many of you have been getting your leads. We’ve all heard about buying leads from the big guys like Angi’s, Networx, Porch.com, etc., right? It’s like the bread and butter (or sour grapes, depending on your stance) for keeping that prospect pipeline flowing for many in the home services industry – from roofers to plumbers and everyone in between. But guess what? A big change is on the horizon, and it’s time to get real about what it means for your business.
The FCC’s Game-Changing Move
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) just dropped a new ruling related to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and it’s going to flip the script on lead generation. You can dive into the nitty-gritty right here, but let me break it down for you.
Starting mid-2024, the way shared leads are bought and sold is getting a major overhaul. The FCC is cracking down on the need for explicit consent in telemarketing, a move that’s aiming to close the so-called “lead generator loophole” (check out ActiveProspect’s take on this here). In plain speak, this means no more buying leads unless the consumer has explicitly said, “Yeah, I want to hear from this specific company.”
Impact on the Home Services Industry
Let’s face it, a lot of us have been riding the shared leads wave for a long time. It’s been convenient, but also kind of a crutch, right? Now, with the FCC tightening the reins, those easy-access leads are going to dry up, and the costs for what’s left are likely to spike. But hey, it’s not all doom and gloom. The leads that do make it through are probably going to be higher quality – people who actually want to hear from you.
Why It’s Time to Invest in Your Brand
Now more than ever, it’s crucial to start beefing up your own brand. Those who start shifting their focus right now are going to be way ahead of the game when these changes fully kick in. Here’s why building your brand is a winning strategy:
- Enhanced Brand Recognition and Loyalty: When you generate your own leads, customers interact directly with your brand from the outset. This direct interaction helps build brand recognition and loyalty. Customers who recognize and trust your brand are more likely to return for future services and recommend you to others, creating a loyal customer base that shared leads can’t provide.
- Higher Quality Leads: Leads you generate yourself are typically more qualified than shared leads. This is because these leads have shown specific interest in your brand and services, rather than being part of a generic pool of leads that may have varying levels of interest or intent. This usually translates to a higher conversion rate and better return on investment.
- Complete Control Over Customer Experience: Owning the lead generation process allows you to control and customize the customer journey from the first point of contact. You can ensure consistent messaging, align your marketing efforts with your brand values, and create a tailored experience that meets the specific needs and expectations of your target audience.
- Data Insights and Customer Relationship Management: Generating your own leads provides valuable data about your target market, allowing you to refine your marketing strategies over time. You’ll gain insights into customer preferences, behaviors, and feedback, which is crucial for optimizing your marketing efforts and improving your services. This data is often not available or is less specific when using shared leads.
- Long-term Cost Efficiency: While investing in your own brand and lead generation might require an initial investment, it can be more cost-efficient in the long run. Shared leads often come at a premium price with no guarantee of quality or conversion. By building your own lead generation system, you’re investing in assets that can continually produce leads over time, reducing the overall cost per lead.
What This Means for Your Business
This isn’t just about adapting to new rules; it’s a golden opportunity to transform your business. Investing in your brand and lead gen strategy now means you’re setting up your business to thrive in a world where shared leads aren’t the go-to.
At HomePro Marketing, we’re all about helping you navigate these waters and come out stronger. If you have questions or need a hand in revamping your marketing strategy, hit us up. Let’s turn this challenge into your growth opportunity!